Monday, September 2, 2013








For the Independence Day weekend, Lan Ahn invited us to Haiphong, the largest port city in Vietnam, to spend time with her sister's family. The Scrabble game we gave to Lan Thao was quite popular with the cousins-we played LOTS of scrabble in two days-I am all scrabbled out. Lan Ahn's brother-in-law and sister own 2 box factories in Haiphong and have done quite well over the years. So much so that her brother-in-law (shown top right) spends most days on the golf course. He invited Eric to play with him (see photo of golf course) and, of course, Eric accepted. Lan Ahn's brother, Bo, went along to translate and the three of them had a great time. Later that afternoon, we headed "home" to Hanoi. 

1 comment:

  1. Excuse me is that Dad using chopsticks!? Haha. When you guys packed the Scrabble game I thought to myself "When are they going to use that!?"... just goes to show Mom still knows best! I'll call you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete