Monday, January 6, 2014

 Besides teaching a course at the university, other faculty and faculty at other universities in Vietnam request guest lectures and workshops. The above photo is a picture of UEB class where I guest lectured on U.S. Industrial Policy.

 Above photo is a conference I attended and presented at in New Delhi, India the week of December 16th. John Dirkx and Lan Anh also attended- the conference provided an overview of food systems innovation in Southeast Asia- a USAID funded project with Michigan State University as a key player.  The doormen had a hard time performing their job because of all the photo requests- can you see why?
My strategic management course ended mid-December, followed by a pizza party for my students. After the pizza party (across the street from the university)- we sang and danced, and ended up inviting all of them to stay with us if they ever found their way to the States. I imagine we may get some visitors!


After class was over I headed for Haiphong- a port city about 3 hours drive from Hanoi.  I visited with my friend, Dzung, her daughter and husband (below) and ran a one-day workshop for faculty and a one-day workshop for students at Haiphong Private University on performance management and organizational change. See the photos they printed in their newsletter by clicking on the following website:
http://www.hpu.edu.vn/tintuc/HPUTT-1-1678-Mot-Buoi-Hoc-Thu-Vi-Cua-Sinh-Vien-Lop-Quan-Tri-Tai-Nang.html

 Above is a photo of the faculty session and below are the students who participated in the student workshop.
The day after I returned from Haiphong, our girls arrived! We had planned a trip to Halong Bay for the four of us, however, Alexa got very sick and spent the entire night in the bathroom (we think food or beverage related)! Long story short, Tricia and I had a wonderful time in Halong Bay while Eric nursed Alexa back to health.


Then, Tricia got sick (food related), so she was unable to spend the day with Eric, Alexa, Thao and I where we bowled, ate pizza and icecream. Thao practiced her English and we enjoyed her enthusiasm for bowling!
The next day some of my colleagues at the university planned a day trip to Ninh Binh. Below, from L to R is Yong, Hite, LyLy, Alexa, Minh, Ha and Huong. Tonight the girls are heading to the Hanoi airport to return to the snow and cold in Michigan. I hope they don't get stuck in Seoul for the next couple of days.
 Alexa and Hite trade hats on the boat trip which took us through 6 caves in Ninh Binh province.


No comments:

Post a Comment