Sunday, October 13, 2013

 We work hard and we play hard. Well, I am working hard and Eric is just playing hard. Last Wednesday, Eric rousted me from my desk and said, "Let's go play." Twist my arm, right? So we took
off on his motorbike and headed for Snake Village, where everything is SNAKE. We only had to double back twice- we're getting much better at NOT getting lost. Once in Snake Village, we were herded into a restaurant and directed to pick out a snake. We had two choices- bamboo snake or cobra. We chose the cobra-can't remember why. They pulled it from the cage and proceeded to "dress it", first by cutting off its head, collecting its blood in a glass, cutting it length-wise, removing its innards-all while we were standing there.

 We were then seated at a table-we were about the only ones in the restaurant. They offered Eric the snake blood wine with the raw heart it in- and, without hesitation, Eric downed it. He is so brave. Then came the dishes, each one representing part of the cobra (see menu below). We tried everything, of course- my favorite was the snake spring roll- my least favorite was the rare of chitterling and liver dish. There was so much food, we could have  used 2-4 more people to help us. I think we'll bring the girls when they come to visit!


1 comment: